|Overview / Timeline
The Montgomery Township School District announces the launch of a strategic planning process to determine a common vision and direction for the future of our schools. The process is designed to engage stakeholders from every corner of our community, including our community leaders, parents, teachers, support staff, students and administrators.
The strategic planning process began in September 2016 with Board of Education interviews and was followed in mid-October with eleven focus group meetings including students, staff, parents/guardians and community leaders. Our partner in the strategic planning process, ECRA Group, then constructed four separate surveys for varying groups of stakeholders including: staff, students, parents & guardians, and community wide (those with no children in our schools), which were presented to all stakeholders to participate between December 5th & December 20th. These surveys are now closed.
ECRA Group has completed their research and will be presenting their findings & recommendations to the MTSD Board of Education on Wednesday, February 22nd & Thursday, February 23rd. Please see below for times & location of sessions - or see our "Strategic Plan Board Sessions" web page for more detail.
PLEASE CHECK BACK FOR UPDATES
The timeline for the Strategic Planning cycle is as follows:
- September 2016: Board of Education interviews - Completed
- October 2016: Focus Groups (parents, staff, students, & community members) - Completed
- December 5-20, 2016: Parent, student 7-12, staff and community surveys disseminated electronically - Completed
- February 22, 2017 (Snow date - 2/23): Board of Education Special Meeting from 5:30pm - 8:30pm @ UMS
- February 23, 2017 (Snow date - 2/24): Board of Education Special Meeting from 8:30am - 11:00am @ UMS
- February 23, 2017 (Snow date - 2/24): Board of Education Special Meeting from 11:45am - 2:30pm @ UMS